Head mounted displays (or HMD’s) are a hot topic at the moment. Whether for gaming, entertainment or even for remote control of personal drones, HMD technology is taking off. Here at Gogo, we’ve been watching the space closely, and have tested many of the current generation devices, as well as their usability for in-flight entertainment use. To share our findings, we’ve created a whitepaper discussing many of the challenges airlines will face when trying to implement an HMD product into their in-flight entertainment offering.
Some of the topics we cover in the whitepaper include:
- Currently available HMD systems and underlying display technology.
- Practical considerations with airborne use of HMD’s – size, weight and cabling.
- Battery life of HMD solutions.
- Safety issues from passenger use of HMD’s on aircraft.
- Content acquisition and playback on HMD’s – streaming or local.
Click below to download our HMD whitepaper, and please feel free to ask questions or provide feedback in the comments section, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.